Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Would you consider a underdog story a Deus Ex Machina?

I've always considered an underdog story, something that is impossible to happen a Deus Ex Machina. If an event is impossible but somehow it happens, such as the Rocky films or the 1969 Met's and other examples like that, people would consider those events to be miracles.



A lot of people would say a miracle is an act of God. So technically couldn't a miracle be a Deus Ex Machina? I mean, a Deus Ex Machina is when something unexplainable changes the plot, something happen that wasn't suppose to happen. Isn't that the same as a miracle?



I just have been living always thinking that a true underdog story is a Deus Ex Machina. You can't explain really how or why something was made possible but it was. It was like an act of a god.



I don't know, I'm just really confused in my head and would love to get some other people's input on my thinking.Would you consider a underdog story a Deus Ex Machina?
It depends on how the character advances.

No comments:

Post a Comment