Saturday, March 3, 2012

Example of Deus ex machina?

Dues Ex Machina Definition: Literally "god in the machine" deus ex machina is a literary device in which divine intervention is employed to get the protagonist out of a sticky situation or untangle an ugly plotline.



Would when Dorothy kills the witch because of the water by accident be an example of Deus ex machina?Example of Deus ex machina?
Not really. Its more like at the end of J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings trilogy when Sam and Frodo are sitting on a rock on the side of an erupting volcano. Then because Tolkien was like crap, I can't have the two main characters that my readers will have fallen in love with by now (except for me. I didn't like Frodo. He was a pansy.) go and die a fiery death. I'll think I'll have giant eagles come and miraculously rescue the two midgets while flying in between molten balls of fire falling from the heavens.



Also, some examples would be just about any mystery movie that solves the big mystery with aliens. And that's why aliens suck.
  • car battery
  • chinese recipes
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment