Tuesday, March 6, 2012

***SPOILER*** Deus Ex Machina in new Transformers?

Firstly let me say I am typing this on my phone and it contains (as few as I can) spoilers of the new transformers but is hopefully a good question. In order to be unbiased I'm going to tell you two scenes from the movie that my friend and I have been arguing over.



1. Jetfire arrives and kills two decepticons then sacrifices himself to empower optimus.



2. Sam is seemingly brought back to life and given the key to the decepticon's weapon out of dust.



Some sources I recommend looking up are the character jetfire and of course deus ex machina. Feel free to wikipedia them both. :)



So please help us by stating which is deus ex machina or neither or both and why. Thanks***SPOILER*** Deus Ex Machina in new Transformers?
Neither is an example of deus ex machina. The true meaning of this phrase is an unsatisfactory plot resolution. It comes from greek times, when in a play a god would be lowered on to the stage and make some statement or judgement and this would end the play.



Some claim that self-sacrifice (such as your point 1.) is an example of deus ex machina but this is in fact not the case.



Neither of these points have anything to do with the term deus ex machina
  • vocelli
  • fun girl games
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment